LST-667 was laid down on 22 February 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 27 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. D. Hammer-Schmidt; and commissioned on 20 May 1944, Ens. W. S. Biernat in command.
During World War II, LST-667 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Morotai landings-September 1944
Leyte landings-November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landings-January 1945
Visayan Island landings-March and April 1945
Tarakan Island operation-April and May 1945
Following the war, LST-667 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 5 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 11 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Learner Co., of Oakland, Calif., for scrapping.
LST-667 earned five battle stars for World War II service.