Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
LST-566

LST-566 was laid down on 17 March 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 11 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. George C. Martin; and commissioned on 29 May 1944.

Following World War II, LST-566 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early March 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 11 March 1946 and transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 where she served as USNS LST-566 until struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1973. USNS LST-566 was transferred to the Philippine Navy on 13 September 1976.