LST-456 was laid down on 10 July 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 20 October 1942; and commissioned on 3 February 1943, Lt. Asa L. Perdue, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-456 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Eastern New Guinea operation:
(a) Lae occupation-September 1943
(b) Saidor occupation-January and February1944
Bismarck Archipelago operation:
(a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain-December 1943, February and March 1944
(b) Admiralty Islands landings-March 1944
Hollandia operation-April 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation-May 1944
(b) Biak Island operation-May and June 1944
(c) Cape Sansapor operation-July and August 1944
(d) Mprotai landing-September 1944
Leyte landings-October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945
Mindanao Island landings-April 1945
Balikpapan operation-June and July 1945
Following the war, LST-456 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946. She served with the Military Sea Transportation Service as USNS LST-456 from 31 March 1952 until she was struck from the Navy list on 15 June 1973. On 27 September 1973, the ship was sold to the Maritime Co. Ltd., Khorramshahr, Iran.
LST-456 earned eight battle stars for World War II service.