LST-206 was laid down on 7 August 1942 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 21 April 1943; sponsored by Mrs. William Connor Laird; and commissioned on 7 June 1943.
During World War II, LST-206 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Bismarck Archipelago operation:
(a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain-December 1943, January, February and March 1944
(b) Admiralty Islands landings-March 1944
Hollandia operation-April and May 1944
Saidor occupation-January and February 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation-May 1944
(b) Biak Island operation-June 1944
(c) Cape Sansapor operation-July and August 1944
(d) Morotai landings-September 1944
Leyte landings-October and November 1944
Balikpapan operation-July 1945
LST-206 was decommissioned on 6 May 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 7 April 1948, she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-206 earned six battle stars for World War II