LST-117 was laid down on 28 April 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 10 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Robert B. Sutherland; and commissioned on 27 August 1943.
During World War II, LST-117 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
(a) Capture and occupation of Guam-July1944
Leyte landings-October 1944
Following the war, LST-117 was redesignated LSTH-117 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 16 February 1946; redesignated LST-117 on 6 March 1952; and transferred to MSTS for service as USNS LST-117 (T-LST-117) on 31 March 1952. She was struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1973.
LST-117 earned two battle stars for World War II service.