Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials

Ivy II (Tender)

(LHT: t. 550; l.173'; b. 30'; dr. 8'5")

A European evergreen shrub of the climbing variety, or one of various other climbing plants.

II

Ivy, a steel-hulled tender, was built in Baltimore in 1904 and transferred to the Navy Department via the War Department by a letter of 25 May 1917. She was returned to the Lighthouse Service 1 July 1919 after performing general patrol duties during the preceding two years.

Published: Wed Jul 22 09:58:00 EDT 2015