Former name retained.
David K. Philips (S. P. 978), a 135-foot fishing boat built in 1877, was purchased by the Navy and placed in service on 21 May 1917. She was assigned to the 5th Naval District where she performed net patrol and harbor tug duties in the Norfolk, Va. region throughout the war. She was stricken from the Navy List on 24 April 1919 and sold at Norfolk on 23 June 1919. The boat operated as a private fishing vessel out of Reedsville, Va., through at least 1968.
14 October 2005