(ScTug: t. 50; l. 58'8"; b. 15'10"; dr. 7'; cpl. 16)
Partial retention of former name Lena Clinton; counties in nine states.
The first Clinton, a screw tug, was purchased 14 June 1864 at New York under the name Lena Clinton. She was assigned to duty with the North Atlantic Blockading Squadron, Acting Ensign Farnum J. Runnells in command, for picket and tug service in the James River and at Norfolk Navy Yard until the end of the war. Arriving at New York Navy Yard 16 June 1865, she remained in use as a yard tug until sold 3 August 1870.