(IX-132: dp. 13,800; 1. 395'4"; b. 51'7"; dr. 30'6"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 102; a. 2 3", 8 20mm., 2 .30-cal. mg.)
Julio Fasio was a tanker built in 1908 at Glasgow, Scotland, by Napier & Miller, Ltd. She was owned and operated by the Italian government until scuttled off Tampico, Mexico, in 1941 to avoid capture. Sometime in 1943 the ship was raised, underwent repairs at Galveston, Tex., and renamed Alcibiades. She sailed from Galveston on 16 December, bound for New Guinea, where she plied the coast carrying crude oil for six months. The vessel was acquired by the Navy on a bareboat basis on 18 August 1944 at Brisbane, Australia, and was placed in commission as Andrew Doria (IX-132) on 23 August 1944, Lt. Howard Buehler in command.
Upon her commissioning, Andrew Doria joined Service Force, 7th Fleet. She then steamed to Cairns, Australia, for overhaul. The ship left Cairns on 9 October and proceeded to Manus, Admiralty Islands, where she served as a station oiler until 22 December, when she got underway for the Philippine Islands.
Andrew Doria reached Leyte on 9 January 1945 and joined an invasion support group which stood off Lingayen Gulf, where she arrived on the 13th. The tanker fueled various ships during the Lingayen operations and remained in Philippine waters through the end of World War II. Upon her return to the United States, Andrew Doria was decommissioned on 28 February 1946 and was transferred to the War Shipping Administration on that same day for disposal. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 20 March 1946.
Andrew Doria won one battle star for her World War II service.