Vertical aerial photograph of Ford Island, taken 10 November 1941, with five battleships tied up along Battleship Row at the top of the image. USS Lexington (CV-2), a seaplane tender and a light cruiser are moored on the island's other (northwestern) side. Approximately 21 PBY patrol planes are parked at the Naval Air Station's seaplane base, in the upper right. The bright diagonal line, at the lower left end of Ford Island, points to the north. Official U.S. Navy Photograph, now in the collections of the National Archives.