USS Wolverine (IX-64)
Built at American Shipbuilding Company in 1912 at Wyandotte, Michigan, the side-wheel excursion steamer, SS Seeandbee was acquired by the U.S. Navy in March 1942 for services during World War II. Renamed Wolverine, she was converted to a training aircraft carrier and received the designation of IX-64. During the war, she trained hundreds of pilots on Lake Michigan. Upon the war's conclusion, Wolverine was decommissioned in November 1945 and was sold two years later for scrapping.
Image: 80-G-75404: USS Wolverine (IX-64), 1943. Official U.S. Navy Photgoraph, now in the collection of the National Archives.