The National Museum of the American Sailor’s collections serve as research aids and reference materials for military and civilian researchers. If you have a research request, please complete the Research Inquiry form. Please allow up to sixty days for a response.
Note: The National Museum of the American Sailor does not have a complete collection of "boot camp" graduation photographs, nor do we have information on specific sailors. For information on specific sailors, next of kin may request a copy of their military service record via the National Archives website.
The National Museum of the American Sailor makes its collections available for any lawful purpose, commercial or non-commercial, without licensing or permission fees to the museum, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Use of reproductions of the National Museum of the American Sailor collection items are at the user’s sole risk.
- Researchers are responsible for determining whether the material is protected by copyright law or other restrictions and acquiring the appropriate permissions for use from any rights holders.
- The National Museum of the American Sailor shall not be responsible or liable for any claim of infringement or damage that may occur owing to the use of any material that the National Museum of the American Sailor makes available.
- Reproduced materials shall be accompanied by credit line: “Courtesy of the National Museum of the American Sailor.”
- Researchers must fill out the Notification of Publication form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Museum at 847-688-3154 or email@example.com for further assistance.