(Norfolk, VA) – Back for the 7th year, the Hampton Roads Naval Museum's FREE Lego Shipbuilding event will take place at the Peter G. Decker Jr. Half Moone Center (One Waterside Drive, Norfolk, VA) on Saturday, February 3, 2018. The event will take place between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. And, we will have DOUBLE the space for more activities!
This free family fun event will feature:
- STEM-based design plans to build ships (easy to expert) from the keel up in our shipyard of 200+ dry docks!
- Enter your own LEGO ship in the builders' contest (homemade and museum-made ships accepted; however, all LEGOs owned by the museum MUST remain on-site). Ship contest entries must be in by 2pm. on February 3
- Hands-on robotic demonstrations and professional LEGO display models
- Free play areas for all ages (LEGOs and Duplos)
- Crafts for all ages
- A sensory (quieter space) room for alternative-need children
The Hampton Roads Naval Museum, www.hrnm.navy.mil, introduces visitors to over 242 years of U.S. Naval history in Hampton Roads, Virginia. One of ten official U.S. Navy museums administered by the Naval History and Heritage Command, the museum houses a rich collection of authentic uniforms, weaponry, underwater artifacts, detailed ship models, and artwork. The Hampton Roads Naval Museum is located on the second level of Nauticus. Admission is free.
Call (757) 322-3168 or visit www.facebook.com/HRNavalMuseum for more information.