USS PT-96, an 78-foot Huckins type motor torpedo boat, was placed in service in late August 1942 and assigned to Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron FOUR. Based at Melville, Rhode Island, she was used for training during the rest of World War II. In August 1945 PT-96 was transferred to the First Naval District and, early in September, was placed out of service. Her wooden hull was destroyed by burning later in that month.
This page features the only view we have concerning USS PT-96.
|If you want higher resolution reproductions than the digital images presented here, see: "How to Obtain Photographic Reproductions."|
Click on the small photograph to prompt a larger view of the same image.
Photo #: NH 99939
Underway at high speed, circa 1942.
Official U.S. Navy Photograph, from the collections of the Naval Historical Center.
Online Image: 105KB; 740 x 620 pixels
In addition to the images presented above, the National Archives appears to hold at least one other view of USS PT-96. The following list features this image:
The image listed below is NOT in the
Naval Historical Center's collections.
DO NOT try to obtain it using the procedures described in our page "How to Obtain Photographic Reproductions".
PT-96 underway at high speed, circa 1942.
Port bow surface view.
Reproductions of this image should be available through the National Archives photographic reproduction system for pictures not held by the Naval Historical Center.
The image listed in this box is NOT in the Naval Historical Center's collections. DO NOT try to obtain it using the procedures described in our page "How to Obtain Photographic Reproductions".
Page made 30 January 2005