USS Princeton, a 1103-ton Annapolis class gunboat, was built at Camden, New Jersey. Commissioned in May 1898, she briefly served in the Caribbean area during the closing weeks of the Spanish-American War. In 1899, she was transferred to the Pacific, where she spent the rest of her Navy career. Her active service was spent in Asiatic waters, on the U.S. Pacific coast, off Central America and as a station ship at Tutuila, Samoa. Princeton was decommissioned in April 1919 and sold the following November.
This page features an 1898 view of USS Princeton.
If higher resolution reproductions than these digital images are desired, see "How to Obtain Photographic Reproductions."
Click on the small photograph to prompt a larger view of the same image.
Photo #: NH 59451
USS Princeton (PG-13)
Photographed in 1898, probably when first completed.
U.S. Naval Historical Center Photograph.
Online Image: 99KB; 740 x 595 pixels
28 October 1998