USS PCS-1387, a 136-foot submarine chaser, was built at Whitestone, Long Island, New York. She was commissioned in late November 1944 and subsequently served in the Atlantic Fleet for more than a decade. The ship was transferred to Naval Reserve Training duty, assigned to the Sixth Naval District, in about 1955 and was renamed Beaufort (PCS-1387) in February 1956. After continuing her training service into the mid-1960s, she was stricken from the Naval Vessel Register in July 1967. Reportedly later expended as a target, she was also reported to have been sold (possibly as a wreck) in July 1972.
This page features our only view of USS PCS-1387, which was renamed Beaufort (PCS-1387) in 1956.
|If you want higher resolution reproductions than the digital images presented here, see: "How to Obtain Photographic Reproductions."|
Click on the small photograph to prompt a larger view of the same image.
Photo #: NH 85019
Photographed circa the later 1940s.
This ship was renamed Beaufort (PCS-1387) in February 1956.
Courtesy of Donald M. McPherson, 1976.
U.S. Naval Historical Center Photograph.
Online Image: 67KB; 740 x 495 pixels
Page made 13 June 2003