USNS PFC James Anderson, Jr., a 49,453-ton Cpl. Louis J. Hague, Jr. class maritime prepositioning ship, was built in 1979 in Denmark as the merchant ship Emma Maersk. Acquired by the Navy under a long-term charter in 1983, she was placed in service under the direction of the Military Sealift Command. PFC James Anderson, Jr. has subsequently been based at Diego Garcia, Indian Ocean. She carries equipment to support a U.S. Marine Corps expeditionary brigade.
PFC James Anderson, Jr. was named in honor of Private First Class James Anderson, Jr., USMC (1947-1967), who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for heroism during the Vietnam War.
This page features our only view of USNS PFC James Anderson, Jr..
If you want higher resolution reproductions than the Online Library's digital images, see: "How to Obtain Photographic Reproductions."
Click on the small photograph to prompt a larger view of the same image.
Photo #: NH 96771-KN (Color)
USNS PFC James Anderson, Jr. (T-AK-3002)
At sea, during the later 1980s or the 1990s.
U.S. Naval Historical Center Photograph.
Online Image: 103KB; 740 x 500 pixels
15 December 1998