USS Ericsson, a 120-ton torpedo boat, was built in Dubuque, Iowa, and commissioned in February 1897. She spent her entire service career in the Atlantic area, operating off Cuba during the Spanish-American War. On 3 July 1898, she was very active in the Battle of Santiago, rescuing many crewmen of the defeated Spanish cruisers. Ericsson decommissioned in April 1912, and later was expended as a target.
This page features a selected view of USS Ericsson
If higher resolution reproductions than these digital images are desired, see "How to Obtain Photographic Reproductions."
Click on the small photograph to prompt a larger view of the same image.
Photo #: NH 63744
USS Ericsson (TB-2)
Photographed circa 1897-98, with either USS Cincinnati or USS Raleigh in the left background.
U.S. Naval Historical Center Photograph.
Online Image: 60,840 bytes; 740 x 560 pixels
24 September 1998