-- U.S. NAVY SHIPS --
Bullwheel (YO-46), 1942-1964
Bullwheel, a self-propelled fuel oil barge, was built at Superior, Wisconsin. Placed in service in October 1942, she soon left the Great Lakes by way of the Saint Lawrence River. After fitting out at Boston, Massachusetts, during the first three months of 1943 Bullwheel voyaged to the U.S. West Coast by way of the Caribbean and the Panama Canal. She was employed for several months transporting aviation gasoline to bases in the Aleutians, then moved to the central Pacific to continue her important, if undramatic, services in support of the war against Japan. Subsequently operating in the southern and western Pacific, Bullwheel was in the Philippines when the fighting ended in August 1945. She remained active in that area for nearly two more decades, and was sold to a private Manila firm in November 1964.
This page features the only views we have concerning the fuel oil barge Bullwheel (YO-46).
For higher resolution images see: Obtaining Photographic Reproductions
To the best of our knowledge, the pictures referenced here are all in the Public Domain, and can therefore be freely downloaded and used for any purpose.