Names beginning with the letter X,Y and Z
This page lists all X,Y and Z -named Civilian Ships whose pictures are available through the Online Library.
If the ship you want is not listed on this page, contact the Photographic Section concerning other research options.
X, Y and Z -named ships are listed below in alphabetical order.
- Xarifa (Sail and Steam Yacht, 1896). Also named Ophelie
- Yacona (Steam Yacht, 1899). Also named Cem and Amelia
- Yale (American Coastal Passenger Ship, 1906)
- Yamhill (Freighter, 1918)
- Yankee Sword (Freighter, 1909). Previously named Gladstone, Marina Quezada and Severance
- Yarrow (Motor Boat, 1913)
- Yellowstone (Freighter, 1918)
- Yo Ho (Motor Boat, 1910)
- York (Freighter, 1918). Originally named Lake Helen. Later renamed Skogvik and Kama
- Yorktown (Steamship, 1853)
- Yoshida Maru # 3 (Freighter, 1918). Later renamed Eastern Chief
- Yuzan Maru (Japanese Freighter, 1918). Originally named Marne. Later renamed Marne Maru
- Yzerhandel (Belgian Freighter, 1918). Previously named War Compass, Aurora and Carabinier. Later renamed Belgica, Haarfagre, Helmi L., and Karl-Erik
- Zaanland (Dutch Freighter, 1900)
- Zaca (Freighter, 1918)
- Zara (Steam Yacht, 1891). Previously named Solgar
- Zeelandia (Dutch Passenger Ship, 1910)
- Zenda (Motor Boat, 1912)
- Zenobia Martini (Tanker, 1902). Previously named Pennoil, Gargoyle, Oswego, Queen Maeve and Petroil
- Zigzag (Motor Boat, 1916)
- Zirkel (Freighter, 1918)
- Zoraya (Steam Yacht, 1901)
- Zuiderdijk (Dutch Freighter, 1912). Previously named Sharistan
- Zumbrota (Motor Boat, 1914)
- Zyrianin (Soviet Freighter, 1912). Originally named Dakotan
For higher resolution images see: Obtaining Photographic Reproductions
To the best of our knowledge, the pictures referenced here are all in the Public Domain, and can therefore be freely downloaded and used for any purpose.