Names beginning with the letter I
This page lists all I -named Civilian Ships whose pictures are available through the Online Library.
If the ship you want is not listed on this page, contact the Photographic Section concerning other research options.
I -named ships are listed below in alphabetical order.
- I.J. Merritt (Salvage Ship, 1919)
- Ice King (Refrigerated Cargo Ship, 1918). Previously named Passaic. Later named Georgian and Hilton
- Idylease (Motor Boat, 1916)
- Ildico IV (Motor Boat, 1909). Later renamed Shark
- Illawarra (Steam Yacht, 1896). Later renamed Henry P. Williams
- Imperator (German Passenger Liner, 1913). Later the British liner Berengaria
- Imperial (Fishing Boat, in service on the U.S. West Coast during the 1910s)
- Independence (Freighter, 1918)
- Indiana (Freighter, 1917). Previously named Nikkosan Maru. Later named Western Front
- Invincible (Freighter, 1918). Originally named War Rock. Later renamed Empire Porpoise, Chrysanthemum, Chryss and Athlit
- Intercolonial (Steam Yacht, 1901). Previously named Revolution and Wacondah
- Ionita (Motor Boat, 1914)
(Freighter, 1914). Renamed Tashkent, 1942
- Irene (Steamship, 1867-1895 or later). Originally the blockade runner Banshee
- Iris (Anglo-American Freighter, 1885). Originally named Dryden
- Irish Willow (Freighter, 1918). Previously named Lake Sunapee, Frank Lynch, Nestor and Otto. Later renamed Veraguas
- Ironsides (Steamship, 1859-1873). Named Philadelphia until 1869
- Iroquois (Passenger-Cargo Ship, 1894). Previously named Wittekind. Renamed Freedom, 1918
(Passenger Ship, 1918). Previously named Santa Ana, Guatamala and Santa Cecilia.
- Isaac L. Rice (Accomodation Barge)
- Isaac T. Mann (Collier, 1917). Originally named Tidewater
- Isabela (Freighter, 1911)
- Isanti (Freighter, 1918)
- Isle of Surry (Freight Boat, 1911)
- Itasca (Cargo Ship, 1905). Formerly named Setos and later renamed Honolulu
- Itasca (Motor Boat, 1908)
- Itty E (Motor Boat, 1916)
- Ivins, Dewitt C. (Tug, in service in 1919). Properly called Dewitt C. Ivins
For higher resolution images see: Obtaining Photographic Reproductions
To the best of our knowledge, the pictures referenced here are all in the Public Domain, and can therefore be freely downloaded and used for any purpose.