Photo #: NH 57937
Washington Navy Yard, D.C.
View of the Armory and Museum building in the north central part of the Navy Yard, taken by Brady & Company in June 1866. There are several small cannon on field carriages outside, with several types of projectiles and mines ("torpedos") exhibited along the sidewalk. Note Bureau of Ordnance shields over the doors, with the left door having an "Armory" sign over it and the right door having a "Museum" sign.
The photograph looks NNE from about the northeastern corner of the present (1997) Building 112. This small museum building is located about where Building 183 was located in 1997.
U.S. Naval Historical Center Photograph.
Online Image: 134KB; 740 x 615 pixels
Note: For more information on where this photograph was taken, see: Washington Navy Yard -- Comments on 1860s Views.
Click on the small photograph to prompt a larger view of the same image.
If you want higher resolution reproductions than this digital image, see: "How to Obtain Photographic Reproductions."
3 December 2001