Hours and Location
22156 Three Notch Road
Lexington Park, MD 20653
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Sunday, 10:00 am-5:00 pm (Closed Mondays)
Closed Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day
The Museum is free and handicapped accessible.
Mach Combat Flight Simulator* reservations: 301-866-0027
* scheduled to re-open mid-September 2010
Please contact us if you wish to schedule a tour or military event at the Museum.
How to Reach the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum
The Patuxent River Naval Air Museum, adjacent to NAS Patuxent River, is some 60 miles south-south-east of Washington D.C. We are accessible via Reagan National, Dulles International and the Baltimore Washington International (BWI) Airports. Washington National is the closest airport.
From the Washington D.C. Area
From Reagan National Airport take U.S. Route 1 south to the Washington, DC Beltway (Interstate 495) and head east towards Baltimore.
- Cross the Woodrow Wilson Bridge into Maryland.
- In approximately 5 miles, exit on Branch Avenue (MD Route 5) south towards Waldorf.
- Just before Waldorf, about 20 miles from the Beltway, Route 5 merges with U.S. 301.
- In Waldorf, Route 5 turns left away from Route 301. While usually a well-marked intersection, a good landmark is a large McDonalds on the LEFT. Lexington Park, Maryland is 40 miles south of Waldorf.
- Route 5 is four lanes all the way from Waldorf.
- At about the 25 mile point from Waldorf, Route 5 turns right and the four lane highway becomes Route 235 south. Stay on Route 235 south to Lexington Park (the four-lane highway).
From Dulles International Airport
- Take the access route to the Washington Beltway (Interstate 495).
- Head south on the Beltway.
- Stay on the beltway into Maryland and exit on to Route 5 south.
- Then follow the above directions to Lexington Park, Md.
From the Baltimore, Maryland Area
From Baltimore Washington International (BWI) Airport take Maryland Route 3 south to U.S. Route 50/301.
- At the intersection of Route 50, Maryland Route 3 becomes U.S. 301. Proceed on ahead on U.S. 301 to its intersection with Maryland Route 4 south.
- Take Route 4 all the way to Solomon's Island about 50 miles to the south.
- Stay on Route 4 and cross the Gov. Johnson bridge (middle lane) into St. Mary's County.
- The first traffic light is Maryland Route 235.
- Take a left onto Route 235 and head south about six miles into Lexington Park.
From within Lexington Park, Maryland
Lexington Park is the home of the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum and NAS Patuxent River.
- The first NAS Patuxent River gate from Route 235 south is Gate #1.
- The Patuxent River Naval Air Museum is on the left as you approach Gate #1 at the Pegg Road intersection. The museum is a metallic structure.
- Cross the Gate #1-Pegg Road intersection, then get in the left lane and go through two more intersections.
- Take the permissible u-turn and go back up Route 235, re-cross the Gate #1-Pegg Road intersection, and take the first right into the Museum parking lot.