- Design submissions will be accepted through midnight September 2, 2013.
- Multiple submissions may be made.
- Anyone is eligible to submit a design.
- By submitting a design you grant permission to the Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC) to utilize all or part of the design for the creation of the NHHC logo and/or motto, or in any other official NHHC capacity.
- By submitting a design and/or motto you warrant that you have the rights to the design.
- Entries become property of NHHC and will not be returned.
- All dates are subject to change.
- A panel of NHHC judges will review the submissions and determine the winner(s).
- The winning design(s) will serve to inspire the final design of the command logo.
- You are encouraged to include “Naval History and Heritage Command” in the graphical design.
- You may, but are not required to, submit a motto along with the graphical design.
- Each design entry must be accompanied by a detailed description and explanation (Up to 1500 words) of the symbolism in the design elements.
- Circular designs will be favored.
- Designs should consider elements of the NHHC mission, including to:
- Collect, preserve, protect and make available the artifacts, documents, and art that best embody our naval history and heritage for present and future generations.
- Advance the knowledge of naval history and heritage through professional research, analysis, interpretation, products and services.
- Remind America of its reliance on a strong Navy in protecting its citizens, freedoms and security interests.
- The design must be in keeping with the dignity of the Naval Service and stand “the test of time”.
- Designs must be submitted in PDF, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or jpeg format.
- Multiple entries must be submitted independently.
- Provide the following contact information with each entry;
Include “NHHC Logo Contest” in the subject line.
Email entries to NHHCsubmissions@navy.mil before midnight September 2, 2013
- First and Last Name
- Email address
Send questions or comments to NHHCsubmissions@navy.mil