(Yacht: t. 129 (gross); l. 135'; b. 18'; dr. 7'6" (aft); s. 12 k.; cpl. 33; a. 2 3-pdrs.)
Zoraya (SP-235)—a wooden-hulled yacht constructed in 1901 by J. M. Bayles & Sons at Port Jefferson, N.Y. —was acquired by the Navy from Mr. William Biel for service with the section patrol on 16 August 1917 and commissioned at New York on 17 December 1917. For the duration of the war, Zoraya served under the command of the Commandant, 3d Naval District, and patrolled the coasts of New York and New Jersey. On 8 February 1919, some three months after the end of hostilities, the yacht was returned to her owner.