(MB: t. 30 (gross); l. 78'0"; b. 11'2"; dr. 4'0" (mean); s. 15.0 k.; cpl. 8; a. 1 mg.)
Gansetta—a wooden-hulled motorboat built in 1907 at Boston, Mass., by George Lawley and Sons—was subsequently renamed Zipalong and was acquired by the Navy in the spring of 1917 from Albert and Leonard Schwarz and W. W. Miller.
Assigned the classification SP-3, Zipalong was commissioned on 13 June 1917 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, Ens. Frank A. Snow, USNRF, in command. With her section base at Cape May, N.J., Zipalong conducted local section patrols within the 4th Naval District into the autumn of 1917. Decommissioned on 27 November 1917 at Philadelphia, Zipalong was returned to her owners in early 1918 and resumed civilian pursuits.