A Navajo Indian word that means "she meets the enemy."
(YTB-547: dp. 325 (f.) ; l. 100'; b. 25'; dr. 11'6" (max.) ; s. 12 k.; cpl. 8; cl. Hisada)
Yanaba (YTB-547) was laid down on 19 October 1944 at Brooklyn, N.Y., by Ira S. Bushey and Sons; launched on 21 May 1945; and completed and placed in service on 17 November 1945.
Placed out of service, in reserve, in March 1946 with the Florida group of the Reserve Fleet, Yanaba was reactivated for service with the 7th Naval District in May 1947. Shifted to the 6th Naval District, Charleston, S.C., in 1950, Yanaba remained active in that district well into 1979, providing tug and tow service, pilotage, and standing ready to provide waterfront fire protection. She operated as a medium harbor tug, YTM-395, having been reclassified as such in February 1962.