(MB: t. 44 (gross); l. 75'6"; b. 17'; dr. 4'3" (aft); s. 9 ½ to 10 k.; cpl. 5; a. 1 3-pdr., 3 mg.)
Wilrose II (SP-195)—a motorboat built in 1908 by S. P. Noch at Stamford, Conn.—was acquired by the Navy from R. H. Meyer of Jackonville, Fla., on 3 May 1918 at Jackonville and was placed in service on 8 May 1918.
Wilrose II—variously referred to in Navy records as Wild Rose, Wildrose, or simply Wilrose—served with the section patrol contingent of the 6th Naval District which then included the coasts of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida as far south as the St. John's River. The motorboat was responsible for patrolling along that coastline and its harbors to protect them against enemy attack—primarily against the U-boat menace. She pursued that duty through November 1918 when the armistice ending hostilities made such patrols unnecessary. However, the end of the war did not terminate her service; she continued to be active in the 6th Naval District at least until the waning months of 1919. In January 1920, she was slated for sale; and she was sold on 10 March to the Charles Dry Dock & Machine Co., of Charleston, S.C. Presumably, her name was struck from the Navy list concurrently with the sale.