A purple herb of the evening-Primrose family usually found in marshy areas.
Willowherb—a modified "Flower-class" corvette built at Midland, Ontario, Canada—was originally laid down as Vitality (PG-100), under a reverse lend-lease arrangement. She was turned over to the British on 9 September 1943 and was renamed Willowherb (K.283). She served with the Royal Navy through the end of World War II.
Returned to the United States and turned over to Navy custody in the early summer of 1946, Willowherb retained her British name and was classified as BPG-100. A board of inspection and survey "inspected and found [the ship] beyond economical repair," on 7 June 1946. On 20 December 1946, the Navy authorized the ship for disposal; and she was sold "to a private purchaser" on the day after Christmas of 1946. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 5 March 1947.