A village in Saratoga County, New York—the site of an early nuclear reactor important in the development of the Navy's nuclear propulsion plants.
(ARD-7: l. 485'8"; b. 71'0"; dr. 32'6" (max.), 5'1" (light); cpl. 112; cl. ARD-2)
West Milton (ARD-7) was originally built as the unnamed, steel-hulled, auxiliary repair drydock ARD-7. She was completed at the Pacific Bridge Co. works at San Diego, Calif., in June of 1943 and, by the end of the war in the Pacific, was in service at the Pearl Harbor Navy Yard. Capable of operating either at pierside or offshore, the floating drydrock of the ARD-2-class has a lifting capacity of some 22,000 tons and contains shops for matters ranging from hull repairs to welding and electrical repairs. On 18 May 1976, she received the name West Milton. As of late 1978, West Milton is serving the repair needs of the Atlantic Fleet.