(MB: t. 24 (gross); l. 60'0"; b. 12'3"; dr. 3'6" (mean); s. 10.0 k.; cpl. 6; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 mg.)
Weepoose—a wooden-hulled motorboat built at Salisbury, Md., in 1911 by the Salisbury Marine Construction Co.—was acquired by the Navy from C. S. Thorne on 2 July 1917; designated SP-405; and placed in commission on 22 October 1917.
Little is known of the ship's active naval career other than the fact that she served on net patrol in the 3d Naval District, based (at least as of 1 February 1918) at Rosebank, Staten Island, N.Y. Like other vessels similar to her, she probably performed these duties up to the discontinuance of defensive "military patrols" on 24 November, less than two weeks after the armistice. No record has been found of the craft's decommissioning or even of her being struck from the Navy list. She was transferred to the Department of Agriculture on 28 September 1920, but no trace of her subsequent fate has been found.