A chief of the Potawatomi Indians.
(YTB-366: dp. 345 (f.); l. 100'0"; b. 25'0"; dr. 9'7" (f.); s. 12.0 k.; cpl. 14; cl. Sassaba)
Waubansee (YTB-366) was laid down on 24 April 1944 at Morris Heights, N.Y., by the Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp.; reclassifled as YTB-366 on 15 May 1944; launched on 10 June 1944; and completed and placed in service at the New York Navy Yard, Brooklyn, N.Y., on 11 October 1944.
After initial service at the Boston Navy Yard, Waubansee was reassigned to the Portsmouth (N.H.) Naval Shipyard on 30 April 1953. Reclassified as a medium harbor tug and redesignated YTM-366 in February 1962, Waubansee operated in the 1st Naval District, providing tug and tow services, as well as pilot assistance, into the late 1970's. Taken out of service and placed in reserve in August 1977, the medium harbor tug was berthed at Portsmouth, Va. In the spring of 1979, Waubansee was being prepared for reactivation