Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Wyandance

 

(MB: t. 21; l. 60'11"; b. 11'7"; dph. 5'7"; dr. 1'11" (forward); s. 14¼ k.; cpl. 5; a. 2 1-pdrs.)

 

Wyandance (SP-359)—a motorboat built in 1905 at Bayonne, N.J., by the Electric Boat Co.—was acquired from Mr. M. S. Burrill of Jericho, Long Island, N.Y., on 19 June 1917 and was commissioned on 24 August 1917 at New York. She served the Navy only briefly— a little more than five months—as a patrol boat with the section patrol in the 3d Naval District. Wyandance was decommissioned early in 1918; and her name was struck from the Navy list on 2 February 1918, the day on which she was returned to her owner