Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Wistaria

 

(MB: l. 52'; b. 11'; dr. 3'7" (aft); s. 9 k.; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 mg.)

__________

 

Wistaria (SP-259)—a motor yacht built by the Elco Company—was acquired by the Navy sometime in mid-1917 from Mr. Clifton N. Jelliffe of New York City. She was found to be unsuitable for naval service and was never commissioned, though her name was carried briefly on the Navy list. She was returned to her owner on 10 December 1917, and her name was struck from the Navy list