W. F. Marty
(MB: l. 40'0"; b. 10'0"; dr. 3'0" (aft); s. 11.0 k.)
W. F. Marty—a wooden-hulled motorboat built in 1917 for W. F. Marty of Olney, Pa.—was inspected by the Navy, in the 4th Naval District, in 1917 for possible use as a section patrol vessel. She was assigned the classification SP-1145.
Little is known, however, of any actual service. Listed as "delivered" on 6 October 1917 and "enrolled" 10 days later, W. F. Marty was subsequently returned to her owner on 28 January 1918 and struck from the Navy list on 5 February, indicating that her service— if any—was of short duration. There are no records to indicate whether or not the boat was ever placed in commission. Her eventual fate is also unrecorded.