Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Toad

 

(MB: 1. 26'0"; b. 5'6"; s. 16.5 k.; cpl. 5)

 

Toad—a wooden motor boat built in 1914 by D. R. Shackford—was acquired under free lease from D. R. Shackford by the Navy on 4 August 1918. Toad was commissioned on 4 September 1918 and used on section patrol in the 5th Naval District. She was returned to her owner on 27 January 1919.