Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Tech Jr.

 

(Id. No. 1761: 1. 20'; b. 8'; dr. 26"  (aft); s. 30.4 k.)

 

Tech Jr. (Id. No. 1761)—a motorboat built in 1912 by Adolph Apel at Atlantic City, N.J.—was acquired by the Navy on 30 August 1917 under free lease from L. & T. Prettyman of Cambridge, Md. She served only briefly as a section patrol boat in the 5th Naval District before being returned to her owner on 27 November 1917. Her name was struck from the Navy list simultaneously