Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Taupata

 

(YAG-26: dp. 200;† 1. 117'7"; b. 26'2"; d. 6'8")

 

Taupata (YAG-26)óbuilt in 1930 by G. T. Niccol at Auckland, New Zealandówas acquired by the United States Navy on 10 November 1942 from the government of New Zealand and was placed in commission on that same day.

 

Taupata served as an auxiliary service craft at the Pearl Harbor Navy Yard until early 1944. She was decommissioned on 24 April 1944, returned to New Zealand, and was struck from the Navy list on 16 May 1944.