Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Typhoon

 

The Navy acquired tanker Typhoon on 19 October 1943.

 

Although Navy records indicate that the ship was renamed Villalobos and designated IX-145 on 3 November 1943, she served as Typhoon until sometime late in 1944, when she began using her new name, Villalobos (q.v.).