Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Takana

 

(Id. No. 3039:  dp. 172; 1. 69'5";  b. 18'7";  dr. 7'9"; cpl. 8; a. 1 3-pdr.)

 

Takana (Id. No. 3039)—a steam tug built in 1915 by M. M. Davis and Son, Solomons Island, Md.—was chartered by the Navy on 2 July 1918 from P. Sanford Ross and Co., Jersey City, N.J. Assigned to the 3d Naval District, Takana operated in New York harbor until she was returned to her owner on 13 June 1919.