A 17th century Abnaki Indian village located at the fork of the Kennebec River near Waterville in what is now Kennebec County, Maine.
(YTB-417: dp. 237; 1. l00'0"; b. 25'0"; dr. 9'7"; s. 12 k. (tl.); cpl. 10; cl. Sassaba)
Taconnet (YTB-417) was laid down at Curtis Bay, Md., on 23 May 1944 by the Coast Guard Yard; launched on 4 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Clyde D. Sterling; completed on 10 February 1945; and delivered to the Navy and placed in service on 13 February 1945.
Taconnet served in the 14th Naval District through the end of World War II. Following the war, she continued to operate in the harbors of the Hawaiian Islands until May 1947 when she was placed out of service, in reserve.
In February 1951, the tug rejoined the active fleet and served at advanced bases in the Pacific area. In February 1962, Taconnet was redesignated a medium harbor tug, YTM-417. The tug continued to operate with the Pacific Fleet until sometime in 1969 or 1970 when she was reassigned to the llth Naval District. As of 1 July 1979, she was still operating in the San Diego area.