Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Senasqua

 

The site of a Kitchawank Indian village on the Hudson River near the mouth of the Croton River.

 

(YTB-523: dp. 237; l. 100'0"; b. 25'0"; dr. 9'7" (f.) ; s. 12 k. (tl.) ; cpl. 8; cl. Hisada)

 

Senasqua (YTB-523), a large harbor tug, was laid down by the Gibbs Gas Engine Co., of Jacksonville, Fla., on 9 April 1945; launched on 11 July 1945; sponsored by Miss Constance S. Archer; and placed in service soon thereafter.

 

Information on Scnasqua's first year of service is not available; however, it is known that, as of December 1946, she was assigned to the 10th Naval District at San Juan, P.R. She has served continuously in that assignment from December 1946 through 1 January 1975.