(PYc-43: dp. 195; l. 125'G"; b. 20'; dr. 7')
Sea Scout was built in 1922 as Valero II bv William Muller, Wilmington, Calif.; acquired by the Navy from the Coast Guard on 24 December 1942; and commissioned on 15 March 1943, Lt. (jg.) Malcolm L. Wood in command.
Assigned to the 11th Naval District, the coastal yacht served in the West Coast Sound Training School. On 7 March 1944, she was disabled and required an indefinite period for repair. Her crew was transferred for temporary duty to YPó411, and she was retained as an immobile unit for training sonar students.
Sea Scout was decommissioned on 15 May 1944. She was laid up at Frontier Base, San Diego, on 17 July,and transferred to the War Shipping Administration for disposal.
Sea Scout was struck from the Navy list on 14 October 1944 and sold on G April 1945 to Velero II, Inc., a former owner.