(ScTug.: t. 240; l. 120'0"; b. 21'3"; dph. 10'0"; dr. 9'6"; s. 9k.; cpl. 37; a. 1 heavy 12-pdr. sb., 1 20-pdr. P.r.)
Sweet Brier-a wooden screw tug built at Buffalo, N.Y., in 1862-was purchased by the Navy at New York on 22 September 1863; and was commissioned at the New York Navy Yard on 25 January 1864, Acting Ensign J. D. Dexter in command.
The tug departed New York on 3 February 1864, and arrived off Charleston, S.C., on 4 March and was assigned to blockade duty off that southern port. On 8 July, she captured blockade running schooner Pocohontas off Charleston laden with cotton.
Sweet Brier continued to serve in the South Atlantic Blockading Squadron through the end of the war and sailed north on 27 June 1865. She was decommissioned at the New York Navy Yard on 13 July 1865 and was sold at public auction there on 25 October to D. T. Rowland. She was redocumented as Conqueror on 28 December 1866 and remained in merchant service until 1900.