(SP-251: l. 52'; b. 11'4"; dr. 3'; s. 14 mph.; cpl. 8; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 .30 cal. mg.)
Sunbeam III-a motor boat built in 1917 at Morris Heights, N.Y., by the Gas Engine and Power Co. and Charles L. Seabury Co-was loaned to the Navy by Mr. R. B. Roosevelt of New York City under a free lease agreement.
Designated SP-251, Sunbeam III was delivered to the United States Navy on 16 June 1917 and commissioned on 18 July 1917. She was assigned to net patrol duty there until returned to her owner and struck from the Navy list on 21 January 1919.