Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Sadie Ross

 

(SP-736: t. 49; lbp. 60'6"; b. 18'7"; dr. 7'7"; s. 9.5 k.; cpl. 10; a. 2 1-pdrs., 1 mg.)

 

Sadie Ross (SP-736), a tug built in 1904 by the Atlantic Works, East Boston, Mass., for the Rosstown Boat Co., was acquired by the Navy on 17 May 1917 and placed in service on 7 June 1917, Boatswain J. E. Green, USNRF, in charge.

 

After serving as a harbor patrol craft in the 1st Naval District through the war years, Sadie Ross was sold on 6 August 1920.