Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

St. Regis River

 

(LSMR-529: dp. 1,084 (tl.) ; l. 206'3"; b. 34'6"; dr. 6'8"; s. 13 k. (tl.) ; cpl. 138; a. 1 5", 4 40mm., 4 4.2" M., lOrkt.; cl. LSMR-501)

 

St. Regis River was laid down in June 1945 by the Brown Shipbuilding Co. at Houston, Tex., as LSMR-529, a rocket-armed medium landing ship; launched in July 1945; and commissioned on 7 September 1945.

 

LSMR-529 was active in Navy service from September 1945 until March 1946, but remained in the United States. In March 1946, she was placed out of commission, in reserve, and berthed at Green Cove Springs, Fla., where she remained for the next 14 years. On 1 October 1955, LSMR-529 was named St. Regis River. Never recommissioned, St. Regis River was sold to the Atlas Iron and Metal Corp. on 5 July 1960 for scrapping.