A bay on the gulf coast of Florida named by the Spanish to honor Saint Andrew, one of Christ's 12 Apostles and the brother of St. Peter.
On 23 August 1942, the name St. Andrews (ACV-49) was assigned to MC hull 260, a ship to be built to modified C3-S-A1 plans. She was laid down on 12 March 1943 by the Seattle-Tacoma Shipbuilding Corp., Tacoma, Wash.; redesignated CVE-49 on 15 July; launched on 31 July; sponsored by Mrs. Robert W. Morse; transferred to the United Kingdom under lend lease on 7 December; and commissioned the same day as Queen (D.19) in the Royal Navy.
HMS Queen served British and Allied escort forces in protecting the vital convoy supply effort across the North Atlantic in 1944, and in the Pacific campaigns in 1945. She returned to the United States at Norfolk, Va., on 31 October 1946.
On arrival, Queen was decommissioned by the Royal Navy and was taken over by the U.S. Navy. In excess of Navy needs, CVE-49 was slated in December for disposal; struck from the Navy list in July 1947; and sold to the N.V. Stoomv. Maats. Nederland Co., Amsterdam, Netherlands. Renamed Roebiah, she was converted for mercantile service and operated under Netherlands registry until purchased in 1967 by the Philippine Presidents Line Inc.
Under Philippine license as President Marcos, she continues to operate into 1974.