Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Spray

 

(ID. No. 2491: dp. 500; l. 126'6" (reg.); b. 22'; dr. 10'6" (mean); s. 11 k.; cpl. 27; a. 1 6-pdr., 2 mg.)

 

Spray, a steam trawler built in 1905 by the Fore River Shipbuilding Co. at Quincy, Mass., was chartered from the Russian government in 1918. Taken over by the Commandant of the 3d Naval District on 29 May 1918, she served in the district until 4 March 1919 at which time she was returned to the Russians.