(SP-3231: t. 17.83; l. 51'0"; b. 14'0"; dr. 2'6"; s. 7.9 k.)
Sparrow II, a wooden-hulled motor boat built in 1915 by Charles Rhode & Sons, Co., at Baltimore, Md., was acquired from the Sparrows Point Steel Co. in Baltimore by the Navy in mid-September 1918 and commissioned on 25 September 1918. Sparrow II was assigned to the Commandant, 5th Naval District, at Norfolk, Va., and patrolled the Maryland-Virginia coastline. On 30 June 1919, she was sold to J. G. Samp of Baltimore, Md.